Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good Genes or Why Procopios Trump Kardashians

A picture seems like the perfect place to begin for this post.




Photograph is two years old, but I like it. And since I am the one writing the blog- my choice. Obviously I have three gorgeous daughters. Better yet, they are intelligent, kind (for the most part), successful, and each of them is blessed with a great sense of humor. Which is why they will not be pissed that I am writing about them.

Every now and again people remark that the Procopio girls are the Kardashians of Turbotville. You could logically replace Turbotville with Shamokin at a whim of course. Put a little Coal Region twist to it. Granted if you take the whole group of them together there are SOME similarities. Dark hair, great figures, facial beauty. Take a look see for yourself.




My daughters, however, actually do something besides exploit themselves in public for millions of dollars. Rachel attends law school, Emily is studying social work, and Becca is finishing high school. Right there probably lists more than ALL the Kardashians, combined have done in their cumulative lifetimes. I realize this is my opinion only and I could, in fact be wrong, but I have tuned into their show- perhaps twice and concluded that they mostly do nothing, but look good doing it.

So let's go back to exploiting for a moment because the last time someone told me I gave birth to the Kardashians of rural Pennsylvania I had a glimmer...an idea of a show to exploit my own. In my opinion (my blog, my opinion. Never let that thought wander far when you are reading this) it would be hilarious to put my offspring in a situation far from their comfort zone.

We would acquire Clark's Ag Store and let the Procopios run it and deal with the customers! I never said I was going to be original because I know the K sisters run a store. Or pretend to. Our store would be called "Good Jeans." Get it? A take off on "Good Genes." Best I could do. The Procopio sisters and their staff could all wear bib overalls and flannel, because after all it would be a farm store. Sure, they could spice up the farmer garb at whim. The world could tune in to watch them deal with things like which fertilizer to choose, how to decide what feed is right for your cow, or try to calculate how much seed is needed for 750 acres.

What did you say? Sounds a little boring? Oh no worries, there would be conflict galore. Imagine how up in arms Fred would be over at the Great Valu (Food Wrong) when Good Jeans started luring away his best cashiers. Then there would be the kurfluffle within the Amish community when they had no choice but to deal with the Procopios. I can see the girls losing patience with them and their all business attitudes rather quickly because their store would strive to put the fun back in farming. If farming was ever fun in the first place. Of course there would always be the danger that they would lose interest in the agriculture gig and turn their sights on The Tin Cup. Can you say potential sports bar or coffe house?

And what if all of this is a huge, gigantic flop? I, like the mother of the Kardashian clan, have a back up. A ringer, so to speak. No, there are no other Procopio girls waiting to mature and step into the limelight or a long lost brother being raised somewhere by apes. Hells to the no; mine is waaay better. Just wait until you see Bella's upcoming season on Celebrity Apprentice.....



No comments:

Post a Comment